Question Drive and an encrypted Homes folder?

Currently reading
Question Drive and an encrypted Homes folder?

I’ve raised a support ticket and asked:

I’ve started using Drive recently and I like it. However, I have the Homes folder encrypted and the folder is not mounted automatically when I restart (I want it that way for security).

I’ve read that this may cause corruption to the Drive folder? Is this true?
Is it safe to continue with having the Homes folder encrypted while using Drive?

Reply:

I’ve read that this may cause corruption to the Drive folder? Is this true?
- Not really, but it will uses more resource to sync an encrypted shared folder.

Is it safe to continue with having the Homes folder encrypted while using Drive?
- Yes, you can keep using it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Similar threads

• Solved
Ahhh... makes perfect sense now. Thank you for taking the trouble to not only answer but also to clarify...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Following thread too as 6 months ago I removed it on one NAS, and had no issues?
Replies
Views
Using Drive Client 3.4.0 on Win 10. By default, it seems like the client is copying my entire home profile...
Replies
Views
I found a way to revert syncing the entire Home folders, back to only syncing the Drive subfolder...
Replies
Views
The person abroad still get's the same error. I on the other hand have 0 issues connecting through...
Replies
Views
I have Synology Drive 3.4.0 installed on a ds223j, and the 3.4.0 client on my MacBook Pro, running Sonoma...
Replies
Views
I set up Drive to sync all folders under "My Documents" on windows 10 machine and access them on my...
Replies
Views

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back