Drive and and folders on top.

Currently reading
Drive and and folders on top.

Question about Drive (DSM 7.0 fully up to date) is there a way to stop folders from being at the top of the list and then files below. This is a normal Windows thing but for mac users it is a bit strange. Want to know if anyone out there knows a way to change the default in Drive. I can't seem to find it. Guessing no way to change it, or I just missed it. see attached screen shot for sample of folders on top in Drive....

Attachments

• Image 9-14-21 at 12.18 PM.png
    Image 9-14-21 at 12.18 PM.png
    162.4 KB · Views: 6
From Synology Support:
This is currently by design.

If you wish I can forward this suggestion to our HQ as a feature request to be considered for implementation in a future version.

Please let me know if you would like me to put this forward as a feature request.

So I replied:
I wondered if it was pandering to the Windows user. Yeah, can you put in a feature request to stop alienating users of other OS that expect files and folders to be sorted together. That's in Drive, File Station, and any other package plus the mobile apps. ...

This is one of the things that makes me dislike Windows. Why should I have to scan a folder of stuff twice when looking for a named item?

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.