Drive Client on old iMac

Currently reading
Drive Client on old iMac

NAS
DS220j
Operating system
  1. macOS
Hello,

I would like to synchronise folders between an old IMac (late 2009) running MacOS Sierra (version 10.12.6) and a recent MacBook Air M2.
When I tried to install the current version of Drive Client on my iMac, I was informed that it would not work on the installed version of MacOS. I don't want to upgrade my version of MacOS, because I have software which will not run on later versions, and in any case recent versions of MacOS cannot be installed on my old iMac.
I tried installing an older version of Drive Client, version 2.0.1-11061, which I downloaded from here:
however, when I launched the Drive Client, I was informed that I should upgrade it.

Is there any way I can get around this problem, or some other means to synchronise folders between my old iMac and my MacBook Air?

James

Welcome to the forum.

Drive client has version dependencies with the Drive server component. So if this is a single time operation, I would follow @fredbert suggestion.

If you do want to keep them in sync, you will have to have a compatible Drive client on your iMac that the server dictates.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your replies. fredbert's suggestion would work I guess, but the folders wouldn't be in my home directory, which is what I was hoping for. The NAS and the iMac are on the same LAN, and so is the MacBook, unless I'm away from home.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.