DSM 7.1 Drive clients unable to connect until switching off encryption

Currently reading
DSM 7.1 Drive clients unable to connect until switching off encryption

NAS
DS920+ (previously: DS216j, DS218+, DS1621+)
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi guys!
In one setup with about 15 Synology Drive users, all in LAN, with mixed Windows 10/11 OSs after update to 7.1 about half of them could not reconnect to server although there were green tick on their Sync Tasks. Drive server is 3.1.0-22920 and Drive clients are 3.1.0-12920.
In Synology NAS field of connection it is entered QuickConnectID.
After I edited connection and, for the purpose of testing, disabled Enable SSL data transmission encryption everything worked! The SSL certificates are valid (R3 from Let's Encrypt).

Has anyone else experienced this, is this a bug? Do you have any more specific idea why this is happening?

If 99% of the time all the clients are in LAN only, how much of security issue you see disabling that encryption?

Looks like (imho) like a win client problem. Maybe the clients were not rebooted recently (or a while) and didn't pick up the new R3 root cert that was recently changed (a few months). So the problem was an SSL handshake.

If part of the clients work fine, and others don't, I would say that the problem is on Win client side of things.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.