Currently reading
Drive / Quickconnect

NAS
DS118
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Just wondering if drive works without quickconnect? So I on my phone I would just use DS File instead of the Drive app, but could I still have a drive folder that will allow file syncing?
Or can I sync with any folder type or location?
The other side of it, I wondering does Quickconnect work without drive? I believe it does.
Cheers,
Ken.

Sure. Across LAN, or use your DDNS domain.

They are completely independent. Why would they not be?
I expect they would be, but the reason I ask, is because when I hooked up quickconnect a drive folder automatically appeared in the user folders.
-- post merged: --

Thanks again for your help Telos! :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Similar threads

I found this. Interesting as it seems many modern synology boxes should be able to sync 1-5million files...
Replies
Views
  • Question
When you add share folders on your local PC/Mac, it lists your share folders in the order you added them...
Replies
Views
  • Question
No need to deactivate. You forced that. Reinsert the drive and repair. Be sure your backups are...
Replies
Views
It is a windows issue. Try to clear the network logins en clear DNS Go to windows credentials manager and...
Replies
Views
Is it possible to get a Weekly Drive Health Report via Email. I see where I can get this report Monthly.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hopefully the subject line makes some sense. The issue is that I can't see the sync'd link files in DSM...
Replies
Views
CLOSING THREAD, as this was resolved here: Oh, No... DSM 7.1 *REMOVED* critical SSD/NVME Cache...
Replies
Views

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back