Currently reading
Drive reconnect count disappeared

NAS
Synology DS920+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
A while ago when looking at drive health on my DS920 I noticed drive 3 showed a reconnection count of 1. For some time, I just ignored it as I read that unless it increased not to worry. Today I decided to look again but for some reason I can't find it. Any chance the updates we've had to DSM reset it or something. If I remember, you also u ed to be able to pull up the S.M.A.R.T Sata which I can't find either. Anyone else notice this? TIA

Last edited:
You can still access Smart data on your drives. Not via direct login connect as you tried, but still can access Smart data via the DS FINDER APP!

I also discovered I can still access Smart data on SSD I have connected to Esata port via direct login connect, Yes, that same login that prevents access to internal storage drives Smart data, Still works fine on external Esata drive! This is more confusing due to fact that both the SSD, And the Esata external chassis, are not Synology Compatible devices, yet they work flawlessly with NO Altering of the OS! I’m approaching a year of flawless service on 3 separate NAS’s (718+, 2x 720+) with this triple redundant storage on external hardware combination, and saved money by doing that vs larger drives upgrade.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.