DS920+, DS918+, DS214+, DS211j
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,

anyone knows if DS drive is capable of using a team folder which share is located on a different Synology DS in my NAS?
So far it seems this is not possbile since the Driver admin only shows local share, so do you know of a workaround?

Michael

Guessing the reason for this would be that the second unit does not have Drive options? Considering that team folders are actually volume root shared folders you can’t fake those with any remote connection.

You could try and map a remote folder to a subfolder of one of the local shared folder that you want to expose as a team folder and see what happens.

tested Scenario:
1. Primary NAS (source):
New Shared folder Created (NFS share) ... you have to create new Shared folder or use existing one for the NAS Share to another NAS

2. Secondary NAS (target - Drive service source):
New Mount Point Created from Primary NAS ... FileStation/Tools/Mount Remote Folder/Mount Shared folder NFS
Selected one of Team Folder - target of the sub-folder structure for the Mount point
Mount point created

3. Remote PC (test case), connected to Drive from Secondary NAS
In the Team folder the "new mount point" is visible as standard folder
Created new File into the "new mount point"

synchronized across all NASes immediately

r-sync can sync your files from source NAS to target NAS (scheduled e.g. on modification), you will see this New Shared folder in the target NAS.
Also you will see this folder in the TeamFolders (Drive manager) and you can provide it for usage.
But this is just one-way sync from the Source NAS. You can't write new file or folder into such Drive Team Folder. OFC you can read everything from it.

tested Scenario:
1. Primary NAS (source):
New Shared folder Created (NFS share) ... you have to create new Shared folder or use existing one for the NAS Share to another NAS

2. Secondary NAS (target - Drive service source):
New Mount Point Created from Primary NAS ... FileStation/Tools/Mount Remote Folder/Mount Shared folder NFS
Selected one of Team Folder - target of the sub-folder structure for the Mount point
Mount point created

3. Remote PC (test case), connected to Drive from Secondary NAS
In the Team folder the "new mount point" is visible as standard folder
Created new File into the "new mount point"

synchronized across all NASes immediately

Great sollution, I was looking for something like this for Moments. Currently I'm testing Moments on VM and I was wondering if it is possible to mount an NFS folder from the Host to VM and use that as Moments folder. So I tried your solution, and it partly worked. I can upload photos through the web interface or the mobile app but there is no photo preview, I keep getting a message that the photo is being processed or indexed. When I look in the Shared NFS (Moments) folder I can see the files (photo.jpg) unfortunately no preview. If someone has a solution or a fix I love to hear it.

... but there is no photo preview, I keep getting a message that the photo is being processed or indexed. When I look in the Shared NFS (Moments) folder I can see the files (photo.jpg) unfortunately no preview.
great

please be specific where exactly you can't see the preview (for each cases), e.g. - in FileStation (DSM)

I don't use Moments , but similar (common in Monets) issue has been mentioned in the past as permission issue, check it pls in the - Shared NFS (Moments) folder.
Use for it Syno File Station, Context Menu/Properties
don't forget to use - Apply to this folder, sub-folders and files

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.