DS-720+ Greater than 6GB Ram show obvious speed improvement?

Currently reading
DS-720+ Greater than 6GB Ram show obvious speed improvement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NAS
DS 718+, 2x-DS 720+
Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Last edited:
Both my 720+’s are at 6GB of Ram.
Both have M.2 R/W Caches installed.
Both running 7200 rpm Drives in SHR.
Both on Latest DSM

For those of you that have done so… Was there any obvious read or write speed change by going to 10GB or 18GB of Ram over 6GB? And was this expense in your opinion “Worth the Ram Upgrade?”

One of my 720+’s is already running a 4GB Crucial module since the first power on.. (GB Switch, Pre-tested CAT6 cables used everywhere).

Thanks for your comments

Last edited:
Yes but adding ram in PC Makes things appear to load & run faster, did even that in DOS days. Not seeing anything on 720+. Nothing.
Only way I can say this: I have 2x 720+’s.
Both with MVME’s.
One with 6GB (Synology, or Crucial, I even tried that, thinking it might have an issue: No it doesn’t!), Other With 10GB (TimeTec).
Both had 7200 Seagate’s. Now one with 10GB has SSD, which is faster than 7200 drive, but that was expected.
But still, 6GB HDD vs 10GB HDD. Moving around program….or anything else. No difference!
Because no difference, I’ll take Bragging Rights, as….. That’s the only benefit I see!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.