DS-920+ Is there anything preventing Synology from offering SSD volume support on the 920+

Currently reading
DS-920+ Is there anything preventing Synology from offering SSD volume support on the 920+

I do not understand your question. There is SSD volume support. Maybe you mean M.2 NVME volume support?

Then the reason is that creating raid arrays that are partly on NVMe and partly SATA are technically not really possible.
there is an unsupported hack to use the NVME ssd's as data disk, but it is not possible to raid them.

Upvote 0
I do not understand your question. There is SSD volume support. Maybe you mean M.2 NVME volume support?

Then the reason is that creating raid arrays that are partly on NVMe and partly SATA are technically not really possible.
there is an unsupported hack to use the NVME ssd's as data disk, but it is not possible to raid them.
Right, SSD Volumes on M.2 NVME, thats what I was asking about, an no I wasnt thinking of mixing SATA and NVME. But there are 2 M.2 NVME slots, why not RAID 1 or 0 support (hadn't thought of that initially). I guess my question is, what's stopping the 920+ from having the feature touted in this link:

Brand New - DS923+ Review - Finally NVMe SSD volumes​

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.