Currently reading
DS audio account or password invalid or not authorized to use service

NAS
DS218j
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
For years I have listened to my music using DS audio on my phone. It has worked at home as well as on the road. Recently I can no longer log in from anywhere. My credentials are fine and work to login to the NAS on my PC. However on my phone I get "You are not authorized to use this service" when I try the admin login, and "Account or password is invalid" when I try my user account.

I checked the security setting, and it is on intermediate security.
I checked the user permissions, and DS audio is checked for both users.
QC is on.

What am I missing?

Hi, I have the exact problem with some of my iOS apps, like audio, video, and photo.
I can not log in using my admin account anymore.
I can however log in using my admin account on DS Cam as well as DS File, and DS Finder.
It is only my admin account that does not work.
Tried my daughters account on the 3 failing apps, works just fine.

I have not changed anything in my LAN nor in my Synology, except upgrading to 6.2.4-25556 Update 7.
Which by the way doing some heavy job in the background making all very slow, re-indexing videos I think.
I posted a support ticket to Synology regarding not be able to use admin account on some iOS apps, still no answer though.

/Michael

Hi Gerard.
The only thing that is ensbled here is
Modern compability

/Michael

Last edited:
Hi Gerard.
The only thing that is ensbled here is
Modern compability

/Michael
Please change to intermediate and test it again. If it doesn’t immediately work give it a few and try again later. Please report back if that changes anything for you.

I’ve dealt with and have previous posts about this in the past, ds audio doesn’t play well with modern compatibility.

**actually after rereading your post my suggestion may be more geared for @Yodel. Considering your talking about other apps, and that they work for another user account and not the other. In this case this is most likely a separate issue.

Goto control panel, users, admin account your having issue with, then applications tab and check the permissions for that specific admin account. You may also have to make sure there isn’t a group permission that could be causing it. Again I think your issue is separate tho than this thread since it only relates to ds audio.

Yes is probably the case.
Very frustrating nevertheless.
I have bern a bit lazy and not changed my admin, the account is actually admin + pwd.
But I have not found any info that admin is no more allowed on some iOS apps.
I mean, some apps works just fine

Yes is probably the case.
Very frustrating nevertheless.
I have bern a bit lazy and not changed my admin, the account is actually admin + pwd.
But I have not found any info that admin is no more allowed on some iOS apps.
I mean, some apps works just fine

Is this the default admin account? If so best security practice is to disable that default admin account anyway after making a new admin account. Maybe try making a new admin account and see if you see the same behavior.

yes it is the default admin account.
I know I should disable this account, and some time ago I found a guide how to do this, I remember it is a lot to do, so I just postponed it over and over.
Dont know if I can find that guide again, maybe that is obsolete niw anyway.
I did hower set some rules to block IP addresses after more then 2 failed logins

yes it is the default admin account.
I know I should disable this account, and some time ago I found a guide how to do this, I remember it is a lot to do, so I just postponed it over and over.
Dont know if I can find that guide again, maybe that is obsolete niw anyway.
I did hower set some rules to block IP addresses after more then 2 failed logins

I suggest create a separate thread. @Rusty if you agree, can you move these posts to another thread.

i had a same error with DA audio app... "You are not authorized to use this service"
my solution was: in package center my audio server needed Repair :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.