Currently reading
DS Audio Connection Issue

NAS
DS220+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
New at this. I have DC Audio which I can access over LAN but through iPhone away or in the truck with DS Audio on the CarPlay
I get same message. Can someone lead to where I need to change setup to access while on the road?

Attachments

• IMG_5496.jpg
    IMG_5496.jpg
    366.2 KB · Views: 92
When you successfully connect when on the LAN, what server name are you using? e.g. QuickConnect; LAN IP address; based on DDNS domain; other personal domain.

Are you using the default DSM ports of 5000 and 5001, or have you changed them? If you have changed them then you need to added the port number to the server name.

If you aren't using QuickConnect's relay service then you have to add a port forwarding rule to allow the Internet to access the NAS on whichever port you are using.

I can see you aren't using a secure HTTPS connection when trying to log in. You should be using HTTPS for Internet connections to the NAS.

I can see you aren't using a secure HTTPS connection when trying to log in. You should be using HTTPS for Internet connections to the NAS.
Love to ...haven't a clue how. Yup new but interested. I am using QuickConnet (I whited out that number in photo).

Last edited:
Even with all settings correct, I’d like to post a couple other issues that at time can be maddening…..
When on WIFI, we are limited at times where the IT staff of that WIFI system have locked out access to DS CAM, DS FILES, even with QC access.
Usually when that happens; turn WIFI off and use LTE Data, and that connects, at a slower rate.

However, regarding LTE Data…….

There is one very strong cell tower on one side of town, that is quite strong, but is only good for phone calls & texts… No Email, No web surf of any kind!
It’s one of 4 Verizon towers here. Other 3 good for email and web surfing. Not that one! Neighbors with different phone types report the same (non) access

Was at two airports recently: Charlotte and San Francisco. QC to DS-CAM, DS FILE, DS FINDER would not work on Airport Free WIFI, but would via LTE Data!
Maddening!

Was at two airports recently: Charlotte and San Francisco. QC to DS-CAM, DS FILE, DS FINDER would not work on Airport Free WIFI, but would via LTE Data!
This seems to be off-topic. You are probably blocking the source IPs in your firewall rules, or TP policy. Or it could be that the free WiFi service blocks access to uncommon ports, like many/most corporate security perimeters.

Last edited:
I have changed default ports.
But have encountered this prior to doing that port change.
Posted to indicate at times even with proper settings we are at mercy of other IT staff.
Add to that list: DS ROUTER, DRIVE

Some Hotels block as well. Coop!

Just goes to show you that APPS not working is not always an operator or settings issue, and for a newer user, this is very confusing — as to: Why??

Last edited:
Yes I am. I have a Unifi Network (Dream Machine not Pro) router. Do I need to set up Port Forwarding in the router to allow access to the network via iPhone/CarPlay?

second photo is the UDM router firewall

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 4.17.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 4.17.35 PM.png
    165.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 4.49.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 4.49.22 PM.png
    196.1 KB · Views: 69
I've been thinking, ya I know dangerous. But I reckon it can't be my UDM router firewall as I can access all files, photos and video. So it has to be in some setting in the Audio settings? So hopefully that will spark great debate and a wondrous solution will appear! (or I'll just have to listen to the damn radio)

New at this. I have DC Audio which I can access over LAN but through iPhone away or in the truck with DS Audio on the CarPlay
I get same message. Can someone lead to where I need to change setup to access while on the road?

Can you go into Control panel , security, advanced and let me know what you TLS/SSL profile level is? If it’s at modern, change it to intermediate and report back.

Thanks

I had an issue in December

I turned off the wifi on the phone, I turned on the https and it won't connect (see attached)

Attachments

• IMG_5576.jpg
    IMG_5576.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 44
ah... maybe you are honing in on the problem ...here is the screen shot from "info".Being a Nuub where do I need to add this? in the ip after :
Ya ... pathetically new at this but trying to figure it out

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 8.36.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 8.36.57 PM.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 100
ah... maybe you are honing in on the problem ...here is the screen shot from "info".Being a Nuub where do I need to add this? in the ip after :
Ya ... pathetically new at this but trying to figure it out

If you are using a quick connect id and quick connect connection, you don’t include port number.

If you are connecting using a port forward , and if that port number is something other than the default then you need to specific the port number.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.