Currently reading
DS audio DS Audio iOS Screen Time Settings

NAS
DS216se
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hi, I'm having issues logging in to DS Audio on my kids iDevices and I'm pretty sure it's my Screen Time settings that are causing the issue. Their devices can't find my NAS and if I manually enter the IP and try to log in it immediately fails. I have blocked all URLs besides a select few and I think that is the issue. I'm not sure what to enter under the allowed websites section to allow DS Audio access to my LAN. Just entering the IP has not worked. Has anyone managed to let DS Audio through iOS Screen Time restrictions? Thank you

My kids were too old before these mechanisms in iOS existed, barring a few. How do you add URLs to a block list on iOS? I see that Screen Time has a list of excluded apps for time blocking, have you tried using that?

In DS audio and some of the other older Synology mobile apps you have to include the TCP port too: so use IP_Address:Port or Full_domain_name:Port. If you are using the default 5000 and 5001 then maybe not, but it’s advisable to change them so that port scanners have more work to do.

Last edited:
My kids were too old before these mechanisms in iOS existed, barring a few. How do you add URLs to a block list on iOS? I see that Screen Time has a list of excluded apps for time blocking, have you tried using that?

In DS audio and some of the other older Synology mobile apps you have to include the TCP port too: so use IP_Address:Port or Full_domain_name:Port. If you are using the default 5000 and 5001 then maybe not, but it’s advisable to change them so that port scanners have more work to do.
Thanks for the reply.
With Screen Time you 'allow' web content rather than block it. There are three option to choose from. 'Unrestricted', 'Limit Adult Websites' and 'Allowed Websites'. I'm using the 'Allowed Websites' option, so only those I have added to the 'Only Allow These Websites' list are unblocked.
I did try adding the IP address to the list without success, but yeah maybe adding the port will be the key. I will give it a go and report back. Cheers
-- post merged: --

Thanks for the reply.
With Screen Time you 'allow' web content rather than block it. There are three option to choose from. 'Unrestricted', 'Limit Adult Websites' and 'Allowed Websites'. I'm using the 'Allowed Websites' option, so only those I have added to the 'Only Allow These Websites' list are unblocked.
I did try adding the IP address to the list without success, but yeah maybe adding the port will be the key. I will give it a go and report back. Cheers
Man do I feel the right goose :) Talk about overthinking things!! Turns out is was just that DS Audio had been blocked from LAN access in settings. Nothing to do with Screen Time. Thanks again for your time.

Man do I feel the right goose :) Talk about overthinking things!! Turns out is was just that DS Audio had been blocked from LAN access in settings. Nothing to do with Screen Time. Thanks again for your time.
Well now you know! So next time that's something to check :)

And I learnt something too.

Device level restrictions or this kind might (URL lists) might be difficult to maintain over a few devices so a network filter might be better? However, once kids get a SIM-enabled device they will switch to mobile data when WiFi gets cuts, unless you are strict and only allow a certain GB/month and it soon gets used up. Then it's waiting until next month, and we found that only took once to learn and they didn't usually know they'd been dropped off WiFi. That was in the Apple Airport router days when the WiFi connection was timed out, with our Synology routers (and I guess others) the time cutoff is to Internet but LAN access is retained.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.