NAS
DS218Play
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Last edited:
Hi

Hoping someone with a nuisance that I am facing. I have a DS218Play running DSM v6.2.4 and Audio Station v6.5.6.. On my iPhone I have the DSAudio App v5.16.4.

The nuisance is this. If I use the Albums view on the App, all is well. If, however, I use the Artists view, all in well until I find the artist and wish to drill down into the artist’s albums, when I get the error message Synology NAS is no longer connected. It still appears to be connected, as I can revert to the Albums view and play via that route.

Has anyone any suggestions as to what it might be? Cacheing on the iPhone, maybe?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Hi

Hoping someone with a nuisance that I am facing. I have a DS218Play running DSM v6.2.4 and Audio Station v6.5.6.. On my iPhone I have the DSAudio App v5.16.4.

The nuisance is this. If I use the Albums view on the App, all is well. If, however, I use the Artists view, all in well until I find the artist and wish to drill down into the artist’s albums, when I get the error message Synology NAS is no longer connected. It still appears to be connected, as I can revert to the Albums view and play via that route.

Has anyone any suggestions as to what it might be? Cacheing on the iPhone, maybe?

Thanks in advance

Paul
I am running 5.16.4 as well, not experiencing that issue at all

Upvote 0
It’s a strange one, to be sure. However, playing about with it just now I find that if I use “Folders” I can drill down with no trouble, which works for me as it basically replicates “Artists”->”Albums”…..

Upvote 0
Side note on this...I have a few older iphones that I use often as glorified mp3 players while out and about. I download content via DS Audio to the phone for offline playback, no network connection needed.

Upvote 0
Hi

it doesn’t give the message when I’m looking at downloaded files when not logged into the NAS, it only shows the artists, albums and tracks which I have downloaded.

My use case is pretty much restricted to being in the house and attached to the WIFi, using my iPhone as a bridge between the server and Bluetooth speakers.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.