DS File doesn’t show image thumbnails in android file manager. iPad does.

Currently reading
DS File doesn’t show image thumbnails in android file manager. iPad does.

NAS
DS720+
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Situation. I have an android tablet, I use a browser and I have a CMS open, for example Worpress or booking.com administration. I want to insert an image from Synology from the Photos folder. At this point the android file manager will allow me to open the folder from the NAS, I can see the file names but I can't see the thumbnails.
If I open the same folder the same way on the iPad, the thumbnails are visible.
If I open the same way a local folder with pictures from a tablet, the thumbnails are visible.
If I open the DS File app, click on the same Photos folder on the NAS, the thumbnails are visible.
Does your android behave the same way?
Synology is unusable for me because I have to copy selected photos from the NAS locally to the tablet.

Samsung Galaxy S8 Ultra SMX-900
Synology DS720+, DSM 7.2.1-69057 Update 3
Synology Photos 1.6.1-0641

Situation. I have an android tablet, I use a browser and I have a CMS open, for example Worpress or booking.com administration. I want to insert an image from Synology from the Photos folder. At this point the android file manager will allow me to open the folder from the NAS, I can see the file names but I can't see the thumbnails.
If I open the same folder the same way on the iPad, the thumbnails are visible.
If I open the same way a local folder with pictures from a tablet, the thumbnails are visible.
If I open the DS File app, click on the same Photos folder on the NAS, the thumbnails are visible.
Does your android behave the same way?
Synology is unusable for me because I have to copy selected photos from the NAS locally to the tablet.

Samsung Galaxy S8 Ultra SMX-900
Synology DS720+, DSM 7.2.1-69057 Update 3
Synology Photos 1.6.1-0641
I have a similar issue on my Android tablet.

Android Cx File Explorer shows photo thumbnails on my tablet.
There is no problem seeing photo thumbnails. There is a issue to see thumbnails in android browser dialog window if destination folder is NAS Photos

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.