DS212J, DS214play, DS216, DS216play, DS414, DS918+, RS816
Router
  1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
The DS Get app (the IOS companion to Download Station) seems to have disappeared from the Apple App Store (at least in the USA). Does anyone know why, or if it'll be back?

Rusty

NAS Support
www.blackvoid.club
NAS
DS412+, DS718+, DS918+, 2x RS3614RPxs+ with expansions
Router
  1. RT1900ac
  2. RT2600ac
  3. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
The DS Get app (the IOS companion to Download Station) seems to have disappeared from the Apple App Store (at least in the USA). Does anyone know why, or if it'll be back?
Think that happened years ago.. Most people keep it as a separate offline package so they can install it manually. Not sure it will be back any time soon

NAS
DS220+ : DS1019+ : DS216+II : DS118 : DS120j : APC Back UPS ES 700 — Mac/iOS user
I think it has something to do with Synology worrying about being associated with illegal torrent dloads and violating AppStore’s terms.
If you still have it on an iOS device, you can move the “.IPA” file to another device and it works.

I keep doing that and it’s working (latest on an iPad Pro 11). However, eventually it’ll die when an iOS update breaks it. When that happens I’ll need to figure out what to do.

NAS
DS3615xs
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I think it has something to do with Synology worrying about being associated with illegal torrent dloads and violating AppStore’s terms.
If you still have it on an iOS device, you can move the “.IPA” file to another device and it works.

I keep doing that and it’s working (latest on an iPad Pro 11). However, eventually it’ll die when an iOS update breaks it. When that happens I’ll need to figure out what to do.
Hello, is there an opportunity for an ipa file
"Synology DS Get" I search everywhere and can't download.
Thank you very much.

fredbert

NAS Support
Subscriber
NAS
DS1520+, DS218+, DS215j
Router
  1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
For iOS you will have had already [free] purchased it with your own Apple ID account, otherwise it'll say it's not authorised ... I'm 99% sure this is the case.

NAS
DS212J, DS214play, DS216, DS216play, DS414, DS918+, RS816
Router
  1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I am offering it for the benefit of people who had purchased it in the past, but had, e.g., replaced their iPhone with a new iPhone, and cannot get it for the new iPhone from the app store, as it's no longer there. There should still be a record with Apple that they had purchased it in the past, and so I believe it should install just fine, so long as they had done so.

I'll be curious to know if it works; if not, I'll just take down the link so others don't waste their time.

NAS
DS220+ : DS1019+ : DS216+II : DS118 : DS120j : APC Back UPS ES 700 — Mac/iOS user
Hello, is there an opportunity for an ipa file
"Synology DS Get" I search everywhere and can't download.
Thank you very much.
Sorry, just saw this. I’ve been away for a while. However, you’re in good hands. I hope it worked for you.

NAS
DS213j
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Found an easier way on Reddit: in the App Store go to your history, search for DS get and you can still download it

fredbert

NAS Support
Subscriber
NAS
DS1520+, DS218+, DS215j
Router
  1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Last edited:
Found an easier way on Reddit: in the App Store go to your history, search for DS get and you can still download it
Indeed, but you have to have got it before it went off-store.

Welcome to the forum @BKKrocks !

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!