DS Get no longer available?

Currently reading
DS Get no longer available?

The DS Get app (the IOS companion to Download Station) seems to have disappeared from the Apple App Store (at least in the USA). Does anyone know why, or if it'll be back?
Think that happened years ago.. Most people keep it as a separate offline package so they can install it manually. Not sure it will be back any time soon

I think it has something to do with Synology worrying about being associated with illegal torrent dloads and violating AppStore’s terms.
If you still have it on an iOS device, you can move the “.IPA” file to another device and it works.

I keep doing that and it’s working (latest on an iPad Pro 11). However, eventually it’ll die when an iOS update breaks it. When that happens I’ll need to figure out what to do.

I think it has something to do with Synology worrying about being associated with illegal torrent dloads and violating AppStore’s terms.
If you still have it on an iOS device, you can move the “.IPA” file to another device and it works.

I keep doing that and it’s working (latest on an iPad Pro 11). However, eventually it’ll die when an iOS update breaks it. When that happens I’ll need to figure out what to do.
Hello, is there an opportunity for an ipa file
"Synology DS Get" I search everywhere and can't download.
Thank you very much.

I am offering it for the benefit of people who had purchased it in the past, but had, e.g., replaced their iPhone with a new iPhone, and cannot get it for the new iPhone from the app store, as it's no longer there. There should still be a record with Apple that they had purchased it in the past, and so I believe it should install just fine, so long as they had done so.

I'll be curious to know if it works; if not, I'll just take down the link so others don't waste their time.

Found an easier way on Reddit: in the App Store go to your history, search for DS get and you can still download it

Last edited:
Found an easier way on Reddit: in the App Store go to your history, search for DS get and you can still download it
Indeed, but you have to have got it before it went off-store.

Welcome to the forum @BKKrocks !

What is the the solution when it keeps doing this (already tried deleting and downloading from purchases)?
IMG_9711.PNG

What is the the solution when it keeps doing this

There’s this on the AppStore. I tried using it it within the free three days when it was initially released but I had problems at that time. Don’t know if it’s better now.

You can try it for three days for free before the subscription kicks in.

A few days ago I replaced my iPhone with a new one and figured out Ds Get wasn't working anymore, even by download it from the purchased apps. I googled a little and find this thread. A few posts ago, one of the users shared a copy of ds get. Tried a little to install it, but no luck. I find out the that ipa wasn't still decrypted and couldn't work with apps like Sideloadly.
So I took that file from here, spent a few hours working with Frida and simply decrypted.
I thought it was an act of kindness giving back the favor and share in this thread my working solution.
Two days ago a received an email with a notification for a post from @Telos stating "Seems like untrusted download/link. I would AVOID"
Of course I can understand someone could not trust and I was going to explain but ........oops, my post was deleted!!
Really? Do you really think it's a good decision to delete a post and not let choosing all other users? And why not deleting the previous link to the ipa? What makes it more reliable?
However, I am new to this forum, I just subscribed for this thread. but if those are the rules, I'm going to cancel my subscription. Bye bye

Yes, DSget has disappeared from the App Store. I’ve decided to make my own simple app as the replacement - NAS Download Manager. I understand that at the moment this application has a number of shortcomings: no filtering and search, no support for two-factor authentication and others (I hope I can fix some of the shortcomings in the near future). But, at least, you can add / remove the download and see the overall progress. And more - it's free 😉

Yes, DSget has disappeared from the App Store. I’ve decided to make my own simple app as the replacement - NAS Download Manager. I understand that at the moment this application has a number of shortcomings: no filtering and search, no support for two-factor authentication and others (I hope I can fix some of the shortcomings in the near future). But, at least, you can add / remove the download and see the overall progress. And more - it's free 😉
Installed, I will personally provide you my valuable testing feedback at no cost as well. I will let you know of any tweaks, bugs, suggestions that I may have.

Thank-you!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.