DS Get replacement application for iOS with DS Download Manager app

Currently reading
DS Get replacement application for iOS with DS Download Manager app

That sounds strange. I haven't heard of this yet. If you experience anything like this again, could you DM me a video capture of whatever it is you are seeing?

Dear Download Station users,

As you all know, Synology decided to not continue the DS Get app. Sadly, this forced a lot of iOS users to use alternative applications on the App Store. Since I have been developing iOS applications for quite some time, I've decided to make my own for some simple reasons:
  • Full control over the applications implementation.
  • Be 100% sure the application I'm using is safe to use.
  • As a developer, you always want to learn new cool things.
I have been testing it for some time myself, and I'm looking for a few (2 people) of you that are willing to test the application (you will be provided with a promo code). Please DM in case you would like to participate in giving me feedback.

Currently the application has a lot of the basic features that DS Get used to. Logging in with OTP, QuickConnect and all the fancy things are supported. Adding/removing tasks and using the search modules on your NAS is also implemented (currently very basic).

You can find the application in the App Store with the name "DS Download Manager". If you would like a direct link, you can also DM me.

Hope I can make some of you happy with this.

Cheers,
Wesley
Hello! I just DM'd you because of this :)

i would love to use this app.. But as others have mentioned above, it would really be nice to have a 3 day trial or something to make sure it does what i want it to. Apple's refund process is horrible unlike Google play store, which give a few hours to be able to request a refund directly in the store.
Anyway i can test this app before even for a few hours before making the purchase? I've been looking for dsget replacement for years.

The refund process is actually very good. You can even get a refund days after the purchase if the app doesn’t do what you expected it to do.

From my personal perspective, the cost of the app is extremely low for the time and money I have invested in developing the app. I think it’s always worth the risk (given the fact a lot of people tried and liked the app before you). Money-wise this app is not interesting for me. It’s a hobby application for me.

Sadly, Apple does not allow me to put out a trial unless I would go for in-app purchases. I don’t want to do that. I made the app a one time purchase for the reason of full transparency. No hidden fees.

i would love to use this app.. But as others have mentioned above, it would really be nice to have a 3 day trial or something to make sure it does what i want it to. Apple's refund process is horrible unlike Google play store, which give a few hours to be able to request a refund directly in the store.
Anyway i can test this app before even for a few hours before making the purchase? I've been looking for dsget replacement for years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back