DS1621+, DS1019+, DS218+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. macOS
  3. other
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Just seen this on the iOS App Store

Lots of in-app purchases to unlock all of the features, but looks interesting nevertheless.

Here’s the in-app purchase options:

206EB966-0959-421A-9EBA-79D5995D2E84.jpeg

Developer is @SynoMan countryman ;) Maybe he can persuade him to continue!
I payed for the full (unlock everything version) to support the developer. But I think it’s dead. I was hoping that it develops to a much more useful app. However, I understand that it’s not totally their fault, Apple imposes a lot of restrictions on the developers.
This new one looks nice but once bitten, twice shy.

Last edited:
I just installed the DS Manager Pro app on my iPhone and unlock everything, i think it looks like a well developed app, nice and informative, dark mode and face recognition login, hmm, for the money im satisfied so far 👍😊

Thx for the tip, btw 😊

I just installed the DS Manager Pro app on my iPhone and unlock everything, i think it looks like a well developed app, nice and informative, dark mode and face recognition login, hmm, for the money im satisfied so far 👍😊

Thx for the tip, btw 😊
Can you shed some light on the Docker functions? I'm curious. Can you actually spin up a container and enable disable them too?

Also, how is this app in comparison to the DS Finder app? I assume more control overall.

Yes, you can copy, stop, restart and Force stop the running Docker containers...
60C48442-F2D6-4A30-8D46-A2BDDF493F48.jpeg

And the Gui is way better than the DS Finder, feels way more modern and functional...

Last edited:
Yes, you can copy, stop, restart and Force stop the running Docker containers...
View attachment 1332

And the Gui is way better than the DS Finder, feels way more modern and functional...
Thanks. It doesn’t seem to support multiple NAS views. I’d have to log out and back into the one I want to manage. However, it does save the logins for you. Nice!

hi all- just a question about this app-
I insta bought this for the dark mode :D

just curious if anyone else has issues with the app saying the CPU usage is 100%? using a DDS220+

it matches what the resource monitor says , eg 30% between the user and system processes, but then there is this "other" category that it reads as maxing it out on all the CPU meters. I suspect a compatibility issue any thoughts?

hi all- just a question about this app-
I insta bought this for the dark mode :D

just curious if anyone else has issues with the app saying the CPU usage is 100%? using a DDS220+

it matches what the resource monitor says , eg 30% between the user and system processes, but then there is this "other" category that it reads as maxing it out on all the CPU meters. I suspect a compatibility issue any thoughts?
Hello Malm,

welcome to the forum. :)

I've been using the app for a while now. Using the iOS version (bought pro as well) and don't have the same issue.
The CPU usage shown in the app is lower. The other category is between 3% and 5%.
However, my model is a 920+.
Maybe there is an issue with your model.

Best Regards,
Schewa

Last edited:
Looked at it. Slicker than DS FINDER, but try as I might, I see no $$ information for the pkgs at App Store.
One thing to note, However: Seeing that my recent knee issues has made me rely heavily on iPhone for all synology maintenance…. Been using DS FINDER App (As opposed to sitting at computer desk): I’ve learned to use DESKTOP via DS FINDER on iPhone, to access everything that I could sitting at computer, on PC.

My fear with this app (and any similar apps) is that by using it I am potentially giving my login details to an unknown person. This is too big a risk - what guarantees are there that this software does not capture all of this information for a future ransomware operation.

Even if the developer were to state that the login details were encrypted in a local container I have to take it on trust that is correct. I would just about trust Synology with potential access to this information, but some third party? No way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.