DS918+ DS1522+
Router
  1. MR2200ac
  2. RT6600ax
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
DS video doesn't ask to "Resume from last played position" when starting a partially played video:
  • on both MacOS (Mojave) and Apple TV (tvOS 12.3) - since the last 2 weeks šŸ¤¬
  • on Android (Fire HD 10 tablet) - never worked šŸ˜Ŗ
  • Still ok on iOS though :D
Looked at all possible settings šŸ§
Any idea why it's not working on MacOS, tvOS and Android?

Last edited:
Thatā€™s a strange one. Itā€™s working fine on my ATV and iOS (not using it on the Mac).
Did you try the old ā€œturn it off and on againā€? By stopping/starting video station on the DS?

Let me know if you want me to test anything for you.
Ok I just restarted the DS Video service on the NAS. Now it works better, but there a still some kinks:
1. For it to work I have to answer "No" at least one. Then it'll work on the next restart of the movie
2. Sometimes, after I click "Yes" (to resume), nothing happens, only a blank screen
3. Finally, in any situation (either on "resume mode" or "from the start mode") it now takes at least 25 sec to start any movie - forgot to mention this happens only on the AppleTV. It's fine on MacOS (Chrome)
4. It all started since DSM 6.2.2-24922

I love (technical) stability in my life and this above is not it! :rolleyes:

Yes I can: I rebooted the NAS. Now I can resume fine (no more black screen) but still 25-30sec to load the movie on tvOS (connected Ethernet)... I read somewhere that it's a known issue in DS vs tvOS, and it's supposed to be addressed in the next DS release. Let's wait šŸ“† and seešŸ‘½
Thx WST16

So Plex is not an option for you guys? Never liked VS myself, it's just too unstable as @johnnygoodface said. When I wanna watch something I just want it to work, not troubleshoot. Especially when I wanna relax.
Indeed Plex has been the option for me for quite a while, but the free features of DS (like download offline on mobile) and other irritating stuff in Plex made me do the jump a year ago. Plex is now much more "monthly subscription" oriented then before to get the basic stuff working. And Plex is not without its flaws itself, wouldn't you say :coffee:šŸ¤“

Ok @Rusty, Iā€™m sold. Iā€™ll add it to my projects list. Will try to give it a test drive.
Well it works great for me and all my local and remote users. This month I'll be moving to my new place and setup another plex server in parallel.

Oh, I didnā€™t know that. I must subscribe to something to use it?!
No. Its an option, depending on the features you want. But of the bat it's free.

BTW, @johnnygoodface, if you have a smart TV, try streaming to it. Depending on what brand you have and how it works with the different file formats your mileage may vary. But oftentimes movies start faster on my Sony TV than ATV DS!

Itā€™s just that I often need subtitles for the foreign movies I watch and the TV does not support the format.

Worth the Premiereā€™s lifetime fee of $119?
I really like the sleek interface. I might try it.

I just don't want something that creates a complex database for its library. What I like about VS is that the library is a folder and yes it creates its vsmat (or whatever those files are called) and that's all. I move, copy and delete on that folder without any worries.
I don't want something that will blow up if I dare to just open its DB folder :)

And now I remembered why I'm not too keen on Plex. I've tried installing it on the iMac a long, long time ago and I couldn't make heads or tails out of it. It was confusing.

Ok Plex's cool, but can we get back to Android
Worth the Premiereā€™s lifetime fee of $119?
I really like the sleek interface. I might try it.

I just don't want something that creates a complex database for its library. What I like about VS is that the library is a folder and yes it creates its vsmat (or whatever those files are called) and that's all. I move, copy and delete on that folder without any worries.
I don't want something that will blow up if I dare to just open its DB folder :)

And now I remembered why I'm not too keen on Plex. I've tried installing it on the iMac a long, long time ago and I couldn't make heads or tails out of it. It was confusing.
Now I remember too!! For the exact same reasons :sick:šŸ˜œ
Now can we go back to Android... Anybody has any experience with DS on Android? :unsure: I'm afraid I'm the only one on earth trying DS on Android!:alien:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.