DS718+, DS920+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. macOS
  3. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Last edited:
I have a DS920+ running DSM 6.2.4 (current version). I have DS Video installed on both Android and iOS (iPad) devices. It will not log in on any of these devices. DS Audio is fine and dandy, but not DS Video. Is this the fact that I'm not on DSM 7.x? Or am I just being thick?

I've tried using both the Quickconnect version of logging in as well as the direct address login (while on that network), including the port number.

Appreciate any thoughts you might have.

Maybe it helps, maybe it doesn't.
Haven't you recently changed your ISP on your devices?
Since I changed to Telekom mobile internet, I can't log in to any DS apps on Android.

Last edited:
I’ve had that happen at hospitals and airports. The IT folks There in charge of WIFI — is blocking DS. Tip-off is: phone connection still works— WIFI Doesn't, but other WIFI’s do connect.

When you encounter this, check EBay. Those IT guys may have blocked this too! (Our local hospital does WIFI for exercise building area…blocking DS, cameras, eBay, and even secondary emails)

I’ve had that happen at hospitals and airports. The IT folks There in charge of WIFI — is blocking DS. Tip-off is: phone connection still works— WIFI Doesn't, but other WIFI’s do connect.

When you encounter this, check EBay. Those IT guys may have blocked this too! (Our local hospital does WIFI for exercise building area…blocking DS, cameras, eBay, and even secondary emails)
I'm trying to login to DS Video from my samsung TV on my home network. I can access it via my synology.me address on my phone with or without wifi, and can access it my NAS local IP from my phone on wifi, but the TV says it cannot log in using either one. The NAS shows as a connected device elsewhere in the TV settings and I can use the TV's built-in app (samsung's app, not DS Video) to view photos, but it doesn't work for videos. Trying to understand why DS video refuses to login on the TV.

Dsm is V7.0.
Can you show us the error message?
20230201_103947.jpg

-- post merged: --

I'd consider Plex - DS Video is half baked (and that is saying it nicely...)
You're probably right, I was just hoping for something that was quick and easy to set up.

I'm trying to login to DS Video from my samsung TV

Maybe the ds version on that device is really old?

The interface there does not look familiar to me. Our DS Video on the tv does not look like that. Can you show us the icon of the app on the tv or a bit more of that app. Maybe the settings as well.
This is as far as I've gotten. The next screen is the error message I posted before. The app icon looks like the filmstrip you see in the Pic of the TV.

Attachments

• 20230203_151327.jpg
    20230203_151327.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 39

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.