DS x22+ model rumors? Expected upgrades?

Currently reading
DS x22+ model rumors? Expected upgrades?

NAS
DS218+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
So, while I am still contemplating whether or not to upgrade my DS218+ to DS920+... I am curious as to WHAT can we expect from x22+ models which are for sure gonna come later this year. Let's summarize models and possible upgrades? I have a suspicion that ALL 22+ models will have 2.5GB ethernet, or do you think they'd be reserved for 4-bay and above models?! I also expect better CPUs, an AMD model, higher RAM, and maybe a model with WiFi?

What are you thoughts? Which model will get 2.5gbps? Is it worth to wait?

Not really, DS 2422+ is already on market and it still has 4*1Gbit ports.

Only thing what is sure is that Synology is more and more locking them to Synology only Hard Drives :(. First it was FS then some RS now it's already some DS models...

I have a suspicion that ALL 22+ models will have 2.5GB ethernet
This won't happen on all models but it might on some. Adaptation of new lan interface speeds is not the strong side of Synology.

On the models, there are some x22 models out as you have noticed, and there is a 4bay rack model coming as a replacement for RS820+, called RS422+ (so it will not support expansions). This is something that will probably come in the second haft of 22 as to not take the spotlight from the new router coming next month.

As for 2 and 4 bay models, even if they will be announced it is likely that those will not see the light of day in 2022.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.