DS1019 + DX517

NAS
DS1019+, DX517
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi,
It been one year since i got the DS1019 with 5 x 4tb in shr2.
I recently bought the expansion DX517 with 5 x 8tb. I intend to put the new hdds in the DS1019 in shr, and put the old hdds in the DX517 without any data loss.

I though of making a new volume with the 5 x 8tb in shr first with the DX517, then transfert some datas, and then exchange the hdds (in correct order), is it safe this way?
Thanks

It will work, but my question is why rotate them?
for files transfert, i think it will maximize if i intend to put my main datas on the ds1019 (plex user), and keep the ds517 for the backup data that i don't check much.

I've done a new volume (volume 2) in shr2 on the dx517. I now intend to copy the data from the ds1019 (volume 1) to dx517 (volume 2).
However, speed transfert goes to 4mbps, instead of 100mbps, anyone got a clue why?

I've done a new volume (volume 2) in shr2 on the dx517. I now intend to copy the data from the ds1019 (volume 1) to dx517 (volume 2).
However, speed transfert goes to 4mbps, instead of 100mbps, anyone got a clue why?
How are you moving this data exactly? Method?

I've moved the data in shared folder in control panel of DSM, simply changed the volume.
But when I rotate the hard drives from dx517 to ds1019, the server wasn't recognised, asking to make a new one.... so just to prevent the risk of losing data, I've put back the hard drives like they were. I would have really liked to put the bigger hdds in the ds1019, if there's a problem with the dx517, it would be less painful only having the smallest hdds in it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.