Currently reading
DSM 7.0 ds118 dsm7 problem login with media player

NAS
DS118
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi, i have ds118 and i access my files with 2 media players -xtreamer, xtreamer pro-. i upgrade dsm to version 7 and after that i cant login to ds118. Always i get the message login fail. i am sure i have the correct username and password. something changed in that version? how can i access ds118 ? becuase now it is useless..
I try to access ds118 with a raspberry 4 and everything works ok. i can access from my computer via file manager the folders in my nas.Please help....
Thanks in advance,
Nikos

Welcome to the forum.

What connection method are you using to connect to the NAS? If it's SMB then you may find that the default minimum version has changed so that it no longer accepts connections that expose your NAS to malware: i.e. minimum is set at SMB version 2 as SMB v1 has been the attack vector for well known, widespread malware infection.

1625557778423.png

Do your media players support DLNA/UPnP? If they do then you could use Media Server.

ok, thanks. now i am trying to connect using nfs.
Can you please help me how to setup nfs because if i cant do that, i try to downgrade to 6.2 , which i am afraid that something went wrong
My media player have the following setup for nfs
xtreamer.png

192.168.1.8 is my ip of ds118 and the folder i want to share is video

UPnP is a security risk, like SMB1.
DLNA/UPnP media servers / players / speakers isn't exactly the same as enabling UPnP on the router to allow LAN devices to add policy rules. What I suggested is to use this within the home LAN and it doesn't touch the router's policy.

i enable nfs from file services on ds118,
on shared folder ->video ->nfs permissions are the following correct? or security risk? do i have to change something for more security ?because now everything works ok
ds118.png

i enable nfs from file services on ds118,
on shared folder ->video ->nfs permissions are the following correct? or security risk? do i have to change something for more security ?because now everything works ok
View attachment 3921
So it works now?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.