DS1512+ in suspend mode after power outage tripped UPS

Currently reading
DS1512+ in suspend mode after power outage tripped UPS

NAS
DS1512+, DS214
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
note: i posted similar note in "DSM 7.0 Another DSM7 regression: UPS" thread. might have been wrong place to post so i try here.

my house had power outage and my ups's went online. power came back before UPS's shutdown. however, the ds1512+ has stayed in suspend mode..i've rebooted it twice. the ds214play came back up just fine. both are running dsm 6.2.4.x. i say both, i know the ds214play is since i can access it. the ds1512+ i think is or is at a version just prior to this 6.2.4.x

i noticed that two out of four of my apc ups's are listed as "online shutting down" via the rpi that monitors my 4 apc ups's with apcupsd. the two synology units just happen to be plugged into one of those listed status as "online shutting down".

though the two ups's in question are up and running the ds1512+ is still in suspend mode.

synology tech support suggested i implement [Mode 1] of this procedure:

How do I reset my Synology NAS? (For DSM 6.2.4 or above) - Synology Knowledge Center

before i attempt that procedure i see others on this site have very similar ups issue(s). what's the method ppl here are using to get their syno units out of suspend mode with data intact ?

a bit of good luck today. i powered off the synology units, then powered off/on the APC UPS that had the ds1512+ & ds214play connected. tried that before resorting to the "reset" option. to my surprise it came back up in normal running state. all four UPSs have good status now. i had tried before a reboot of the ds1512+ but it would still go into suspend so i don't know exactly what ticked it to boot back normal op this time. only thing different this time was i recycled the power on the UPS with both synology units powered down then restarted them. didn't have to use the "reset" option.

appreciate the help from @Telos and all the posts about this type issue.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.