DS1515+ and moving drives to a new Synology?

Currently reading
DS1515+ and moving drives to a new Synology?

NAS
DS1515+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Here is the situation. I have a DS1515+ with 5 drives and drives are working perfectly. However, the synology is starting to die. Power sometimes doesn't go on and I have to constantly press it to make it turn on. There are Youtube videos of the DS1515+ that seems to be related to this issue but before it completely dies. I was thinking of buying a whole new synology NAS and literally just move the drives over to the new one.

How hard is this and is it more complex than what I'm stating it? I don't want to buy new drives but just simply buy a new system. I know there are migration process but I really don't know if that is what I need but I was hoping I can just move the drives over to the new one.

Also, it's been a long time since I had this so I don't know what Synology now has to offer that is comparable or probably better than the DS1515+ to move to.

Any help and guidance would be appreciated.

Discussion and links to Synology kb's here:

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.