NAS
ds412+, ds120j, ds1522+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. macOS
  3. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I have NUT 2.8.2.1 installed on pfSense+ (Netgate 8200).

I have three Synology units in my network. Two DS120j and one DS1522. Both of the DS120j can see the NUT server and configure it. The DS1522 just reports "No UPS is connected." Settings are identical in all Synology. I have tried disabling the firewall in the DS1522 (although the DS120j are happy with firewall enabled).

Any suggestions on what to look for?

I have some additional clues:

upsc NUTIP returns Connection Refused on DS1522, returns correct status on other Synologies.

telnet NUTIP 3493 returns Connection Refused on DS1522, connects to NUT server from any other computer on the network.

It appears to me that this is not an issue with pfSense (on which the NUT server is running) since it works for every device except the DS1522. I tried adding a special firewall rule to pfSense, but it made no difference. My guess is something is wrong with the DS1522's request.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.