NAS
DS1621xs+, DS1819+, DS920+
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hi All,
Just configured my new DS1621xs+ and noticed that the chassis fans are constantly speeding up and slowing down when running any VM in VMM, especially when I open a web browser or run an installer or updates on the VM. Have played with various combinations of RAM and CPU allocated to the VM, nothing makes any difference. The fans constantly whirring up and down happens in Quiet Mode and Cool Mode. As soon as I close the VM browser, the fans instantly slow back down.
My DS1819+ doesn’t exhibit this annoying behaviour running the same VM (it quite happily sits their quietly running VMs even in Quiet Mode) so it’s something specific to the new unit.

Anyone any ideas….?

Thanks,
Matt

Hi MattB my new DS1621xs has exactly the same problems as you described it in your post. The fans are constantly speeding up and down. I do not know this from other sync's.
Did you find a solution for this behavior?
Best regards
mainfram2
-- post merged: --

I do not know this behavior from other Synology NAS (sync's).

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.