DS211+ no possible to Factory reset - no 3 beeps

Currently reading
DS211+ no possible to Factory reset - no 3 beeps

NAS
DS211+
Hello i havethe problem, My device has stopped working.

- orange status flashes

- unplugging the drives does not help

- a device VISIBLE on the network gets an IP.

- no ports are open.

- reset does not help after pressing the button 1 beep - you can't get 3 beeps.

- the device responds to ping but nothing else works. FTP samba www etc.

Synology assistant does not find this NAS on the network. It finds my other NAS but it doesn't see it, this one only gets the IP address on the router, I see that it has get the IP and I see "synology" in the name

Synology assistant does not find this NAS on the network. It finds my other NAS but it doesn't see it, this one only gets the IP address on the router, I see that it has get the IP and I see "synology" in the name
Well then what does this mean?

a device VISIBLE on the network gets an IP.
How come the device is visible on the network? What happens when you try and use that IP address?

Well then what does this mean?
I have no idea, I think the DSM was deleted?
-- post merged: --

How come the device is visible on the network? What happens when you try and use that IP address?
visible on the network = i cant ping it. use IP address where? i try open it via FTP or www (without port and with port number) and is inaccessible. the only fact that the device works is that it obtains an IP address and responds to ping and that's all.

I have no idea, I think the DSM was deleted?
-- post merged: --

visible on the network = i cant ping it. use IP address where? i try open it via FTP or www (without port and with port number) and is inaccessible. the only fact that the device works is that it obtains an IP address and responds to ping and that's all.
Have you tried to access that IP address over http/https using the dsm port number (5000/5001 default or any that you have changed)?

Have you tried to access that IP address over http/https using the dsm port number (5000/5001 default or any that you have changed)?
yes and without success, also i tried scan ports and ALL ports are closed (i also scan my other NAS synology and this device has opened above 10 ports... (5000 5001 21 etc.)

It's possible it was a virus, the software hasn't been updated (DMS) for several years, I know there were attacks on Synology, maybe someone blocked all ports and disabled the factory reset option in the software? Is it possible to run this NAS, e.g. from USB?

Is it possible to run this NAS, e.g. from USB?
No it is not.

Well if there are no ports open on its IP address that means that factory reboot (Method 2) would be the only way forward. Have you tried to reset it with no drives in the NAS?

No it is not.

Well if there are no ports open on its IP address that means that factory reboot (Method 2) would be the only way forward. Have you tried to reset it with no drives in the NAS?
Yes, I tried - without success.
I press reset (4 seconds), I hear a beep once - I release it
I wait 3 seconds. I press again for 4 seconds. I'm waiting and I hear 1 beep again (not 3 beeps)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.