DSM 7.1 DS213j to DS220+ using Hyper backup?

Currently reading
DSM 7.1 DS213j to DS220+ using Hyper backup?

NAS
DS220+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Hi,
Sorry as this has probably asked before but I have spent several hours now & not got anywhere.
Sort of regretting moving now, old 213j was still working but wanted faster & was so v.old

What is the best way to transfer the files, given up on settings & other stuff but just the files would be good.

Migration application says not compatible.

Tried to mount but was not sure that would help as think have to copy individually anyway.

Everything gigabit, in fact 10gb but not sure that helps here

300gb of data.
Tried hyper backup but so slow, 1 percent after 1 hour. Read many saying it can takes many days??

cancelled, thought would copy individually but as it won't copy the root folders a lot of work,

Even doing individual folders from 1 directory down, 20 minutes for a small'ish folder & of course have to wait for it each time, not going to replicate that dozens of times.

Went back & now waiting on hyper backup.
Destination is the new DS220+

Is it obvious how I will restore so as on the same new destination NAS.

Don't want to wait days to find it does not help or can't be done.

Have to say seem bizarre that this is so difficult or labour intensive. Surely they could have made sure the migration tool can work between models

Thanks I/A

Screenshot 2022-07-19 at 14.52.26.png

I would suggest using the rysnc copy (single-version) for your NAS-to-NAS transfer. Just be sure to activate rsync option in your 920 side, and the result will be that you can use HB to transfer all your content into a single 920 folder. Once that is done, use File Station on 920 to redistribute the files/folders into root folders that you want/need.

Using HB will enable you to keep your user configurations and certain package settings. Install HB on the new unit, select Restore, and point it to your backup. Follow the HB restore prompts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.