DS216J cannot complete installation of DSM

NAS
DS216J
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi
I have a DS216J that refuses to pass 56% when installing DSM.
I have contacted the synology support team and they have concluded that the signature is corrupted inside the unit.
My question is can somehow reflash the bios or rebuilt it.
I can connect to the device firmware with telnet as admin and root but i do not know what i can do from there.
Thanks

No i have not but i have downloaded multiple dsms and the same issue is happening. How i can veryfy the hash..
-- post merged: --

The same is happening both with manual install and from internet

How i can veryfy the hash..
From the download page for your NAS. Click the MD5 link.
Fn10LCk.png

this only gives me the hash 21161cf84428ad6f802e404fb9d9b651 after that what i can do?

Yes the hash is matching the file hash.
Synology told me that the signature at the bios is corrupted but i have no idea how to fix it. I think the only way is to do something inside the synology bios but i do not know what

Yes the hash is matching the file hash.
Synology told me that the signature at the bios is corrupted but i have no idea how to fix it. I think the only way is to do something inside the synology bios but i do not know what
Hello,
For an unknown reason, the file size and its hash has changed :
--> it was 92322ff04184240e0eba55116faec2a5
--> it is now 21161cf84428ad6f802e404fb9d9b651
File name is still DSM_DS216j_42218.pat !!!
Did they correct something without informing users and without changing file ref ?
Was previous file corrupted by a way or another ?
Difficult to say, but you should test this new version.
Keep us posted!
BR,
TAD

Did they correct something without informing users and without changing file ref ?
Yes, there was an update but the version number stayed the same.

DSM 7.0.1-42218 is updated on October 21 to fix issues with SMB Service 4.10.18-0316. Users who have already installed this version of DSM are recommended to update SMB Service in Package Center.

Hi Both
i have tried the new file but still the same issue. i have also checked the MD5 and is correct on my download file.
If you have any other suggestion is more than welcome as it seems because of a bug or a corrupted file i must recycle this unit unfortunately .
Thanks

I had cryptic messages appear installing DSM from "something went wrong"(!) to "file corrupted), et, etc. I repeated the procedure a couple of times with the same file and it eventually loaded.

I agree, doesn't inspire confidence!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.