User introduction DS218 6Tb Raid 1 as distant backup and DS220j 10Tb Raid 1 as local NAS

Currently reading
User introduction DS218 6Tb Raid 1 as distant backup and DS220j 10Tb Raid 1 as local NAS

Hello all.
I first began to use a Synology NAS as local backup for my IT developer home-office. Photos, videos and my sources.
I have now retired and my photo video collection has reached 1.5 Tb, but backups of my ex-work virtual disks and old PCs still use a lot more and I haven't yet managed to dare get rid of them!
My daughter's violin workshop is 10 km away so I've just bought a DS220j to replace my DS218 and I intend to backup all the useful stuff important to the family to the DS218 and install it in her workshop, where it will also do her local backups for the software I developed to run her rental business in 2005.
The DS218 will also back itself up to my DS220j, so everything is saved to 2 different locations and I can abandon DropBox and Google Photos.
I've joined this forum because my initial Hyper Backup from DS220j to DS218 at home on my local network seems to be stuck and I'm hoping for some advice.

Welcome to the forum!

I've joined this forum because my initial Hyper Backup from DS220j to DS218 at home on my local network seems to be stuck and I'm hoping for some advice.
If we could bother you to open this as a new thread in the HB forum section just to keep it separated from the into topic.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back