DS218+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. macOS
  3. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hi everybody,

I have a DS218+ with two 3TB HGST Drives (HGST HDN724030ALE640) for some time now. The drives are configured as SHR Raid Type and only one Volume is used on the Raid.
Some months ago (two or three) the NAS suddenly switched to Read-Only mode and wasn't able to boot. I didn't want to experiment, got my backup and deleted the Volume and Upgraded from v6 to v7.

Created a new Raid and Volume and got my stuff back on it. The NAS worked fine now for some time, and suddenly started again to switch to Read-Only Mode. If I try to enable write mode, it fails. When I reboot the NAS, the NAS boots into read-only mode. If I try to enable write mode now, it succeeds. If I boot again, the NAS goes into read-only mode again (sometimes immediately, sometimes some seconds after the boot).

While I had the NAS in write mode I run multiple data scrubbing runs without a problem. Also the extended S.M.A.R.T. run on both drives outputs just the Status 'Healthy'. Both drives have a run time of 30k hours.

S.M.A.R.T. Drive 1:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
S.M.A.R.T. Drive 2:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Can you recommend me what to do next? The Log Center also only outputs 'Volume switched to Read-Only' instead of anything useful.

Cheers!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.