DS220+ DSM 7 - unable to see/mount encrypted folder from iOS?

Currently reading

Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I am signed in as admin from iOS SF Finder > DSM Mobile (and DSM Desktop) and the encrypted folder does not show (anywhere I can find) to mount.

Go to the desktop machine, login with the same admin credentials, and the target encrypted folder is displayed with other folders where I can enter credentials and mount

What is preventing this option from iOS apps, or DSM remote? Admin is showing as having all credentials and not spotting a setting that would prevent the option to mount?

I am signed in as admin from iOS SF Finder > DSM Mobile (and DSM Desktop) and the encrypted folder does not show (anywhere I can find) to mount.

Go to the desktop machine, login with the same admin credentials, and the target encrypted folder is displayed with other folders where I can enter credentials and mount

What is preventing this option from iOS apps, or DSM remote? Admin is showing as having all credentials and not spotting a setting that would prevent the option to mount?
Guess this question would best be answered when asked Synology support. Or maybe submit a feature request.

Guess this question would best be answered when asked Synology support. Or maybe submit a feature request.
Have to admit this would be considered a massive oversight of the function did not already exist I have to think it is something in a configuration setting, or worse case requires a command line to add to settings

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.