Currently reading
DS220+ Unsupported Packages

NAS
DS920+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
After the fact, I discovered that my ds218play doesn't support some useful packages like Docker.

Needless to say, I'm now seeking to replace the NAS with a ds220+ (or other suitable option). I don't plan to do any NAS task intensive "heavy lifting" like using it as a small business mail server. However, I'm considering using the NAS as lightweight database drivin application server for something like low traffic Python based web app drivin by PostgreSQL. Anyway, does the ds220+ have any unsupported useful package "gotchas" that would severely limit it similarly to the ds218play. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
When I realized my 215J was not going to play well with V7, I had to determine same thing. What to upgrade to?
I ended up with a 720+, deciding: “it’s always cheapest to go first class”.
It allows for SHR, ram, cache, and multiple expansion drives if necessary. Along with added horsepower if you find the need for extra workload.
I did not want to re-visit this again.
(Gave 215J away to Son-in-law, with warning: don’t upgrade to V7)

Upvote 0
Anyway, does the ds220+ have any unsupported useful package "gotchas" that would severely limit it similarly to the ds218play. Please advise. Thanks in advance
No it doesn't. All + models support all the packages.

Upvote 1
Solution

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.