DS220+ upgrade to 18GB.

Currently reading
DS220+ upgrade to 18GB.

Synology assistant is not in the package center. You can download it from the Download center page at synology.com
I found it under "Desktop Utilities". There are 4 type of downloads: Windows, Mac,Ubuntu (32 bits, deb) and Ubuntu (64 bits, deb).

Which version should I use?
Thanks

As @Rusty said, download it for your OS. Once you run it, it won’t auto-refresh (at least on what I used, macOS), you’ll have to do it manually. Once you’re sure it’s running you can disconnect your PC now (it’s running on the DS). Will need about 6 hours.
I did that, left it running overnight and checked the log (/var/log/messages) in the morning.

Last edited:
Received Samsung 16gb M471A2K43CB1-CTD. The info page does show the system has 18GB RAM. And it is a good sign that there is no frozen in the first a couple of minutes. Now the memory test is in progress….

Will update the status later. Thanks.

The memory test was successful. Now I am transferring some big files. See the memory usage.

Capture.PNG

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.