DS220j / DS218j Disk Compatability

Currently reading
DS220j / DS218j Disk Compatability

NAS
DS218J, DS211J
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Hello. My DS218j just hardware failed (all green case and power brick LEDs flash with the drives out). It's a little over three years old. Since I have no way to pull the data off of the disks, I thought that purchasing a DS220j and using the 218j's drives as is in the 220j would be a quick and relatively cheap way to get a NAS back in service.

As far as I can tell, there should be no compatibility issues, but I thought I'd ask here just in case. The drives are HGST HDN726040ALE614.

Thanks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Similar threads

• Question
Airprint is direct between the iPhone and the printer; it doesnt go via the Synology. If you're not...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 5784
D
Well it very well might be the problem with the drives. If everything else is ok (network gear for...
Replies
Views
The CPU is a quad-core one so that will be no problem at all. The only problem might be lack of RAM. DSM...
Replies
Views
It will be fine. Whatever device is your plex server is the device that will transcode if needed. In your...
Replies
Views
It is up to what you will run on the SSD and if the SSD is not overperformed vs rest of environment (LAN...
Replies
Views
That is why I asked - OP wasn't clear on exactly what he planned to use the 1TB Drive for...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Telos In the Resource Monitor select Performance in the left hand pane, to the right select select...
Replies
Views

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back