DS223 and Plex Media Server

Currently reading
DS223 and Plex Media Server

NAS
DS223
So I am an idiot. I have used four different Synology NAS boxes in the past to set up Plex Media Servers for family members. My sisters NAS was old and it died so I decided to get her a replacement. I assumed that the newer Synology NAS boxes would take a simple Plex Media Server install and I bought a DS223. It arrived today and I installed drives and started the DS setup. I then went to install Plex Media Server and I find out that the new Plex for DSM 7 is not available for the DS223.

Do I have any options now? I do not believe that I can install one of the older Plex Media Server versions since the DS223 has DSM 7.1 on it. Any suggestions might be helpful.

John

So I am an idiot. I have used four different Synology NAS boxes in the past to set up Plex Media Servers for family members. My sisters NAS was old and it died so I decided to get her a replacement. I assumed that the newer Synology NAS boxes would take a simple Plex Media Server install and I bought a DS223. It arrived today and I installed drives and started the DS setup. I then went to install Plex Media Server and I find out that the new Plex for DSM 7 is not available for the DS223.

Do I have any options now? I do not believe that I can install one of the older Plex Media Server versions since the DS223 has DSM 7.1 on it. Any suggestions might be helpful.

John

Have you tried to download and install directly from Plex?

For a Plex problem it might be useful to look on the Plex forum (I searched for 'DS223')...

I always maintain that the point of doing a university degree is to learn how to think of the right thing to look up in an index ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.