DSM 7.0 ds414 network enviroment?

Currently reading
DSM 7.0 ds414 network enviroment?

NAS
DS-414
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
DSM7.Cannot get this sorted,Have 1 TP-Link router connected in Modem mode to Virgin V4 hub.
Blue.jpg

Would you care to share with us why you are trying to do that? Do you have 2 routers? No? Yes? If not what do you have? What are you trying to do in the end...

The more info you share the better the response will be. Don't expect help if you posted a screenshot that makes no sense to someone else on the forum.

Upvote 0
I only have one router,A tp-link Archer C7
Internet is Virgin Hub4 in modem mode
Trying to run "Detect Router information" as in above screenshot but getting info telling me i have 2 routers.

Upvote 0
I only have one router,A tp-link Archer C7
Internet is Virgin Hub4 in modem mode
Trying to run "Detect Router information" as in above screenshot but getting info telling me i have 2 routers.
Ok so the ISP device is bridged to your TP-link doing the PPoE connection.

So again, why are you trying to run detect router info? What are you trying to achive?

Upvote 0
Last edited:
This feature in DSM is supposed to enable the NAS to open firewall ports in the Internet security policy of your router (and if it can so can any other home devices, whether they've been infected with malware or not). You would be better served by disabling this feature in the router (usually under something about UPnP) and manually managing the router's configuration.

Just because this page of tests in DSM may fail only means that the NAS can't configure the router, and does not mean that the router can't be configured to allow the inbound Internet access.

EDIT...

In your TP-Link router this is the feature it is thinking may be enabled...

Leave it disabled and configure the policy yourself.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.