NAS
DS415+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Last edited:
Greeting all.... Revl8 here... long-time reader... first time post(er). Have a DS415+ that I found in a dry dumpster (long story). Powered it up and was getting flashing blue power light and orange disk lights. I'm aware of the Atom Processor bug and so I carefully soldered in 100 ohm resistor as per many posts/videos, powered it back up and... while the orange disk lights have now vanished, the blue light continues to flash. To note also, I can confirm that fans spin fast for a second on powerup, then slow down. Have no hard drives installed.

To be more specific, the unit does not beep, and the blue light blinks endlessly. The network connection is never active and the hard disk activity lights to not illuminate.

So replaced battery and re-did the thermal paste on CPU. Cleaned down board using isopropyl alcohol. Have serial connected using a "YP-05 FTDI FT232L USB to TTL UART". As per guide on this link, I have connected ground pin to the DS415+ pin 2, tx to pin 4 and rx to pin 6 (have tried reversing pin 4 and 6 many times just in case too). I'm assuming I don't need to connect the 3.3v pin? My serial to USB drivers are installed and tested ok on another device. I'm using Putty (baud speed 115200, data bits 8, stop bits 1, flow control none).

Unfortuntetly I'm getting no signal on serial when I power up... just my oul' friend the blue flashing light :-( At this point, I'm all out of answers and after exausting all possibilities, I post and plea with one last effort to perform CPR on this little guy... Any pointers greatly appreciated (before I put it back in dumpster!).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Old thread notice: There have been no replies in this thread for quite some time. The last reply was on .
The content in this thread may no longer be relevant. It might be better to open a new thread instead.