DS418 or DS218+ for Docker ?

Currently reading
DS418 or DS218+ for Docker ?

I am going to buy a new replacement for my trusty old DS212 and I am looking at DS418 and DS218+.
I would like to run some Docker instances on it (HomeAssistant, Ubiquiti Unifi Controller and Volumio).

Will the DS418 be able to do that or do I need the DS218+ ??
I have read there was problems with the ARM processor earlier - or will it work fine on the DS418?

Price is about the same, specs are almost the same.

Please apologize my lacking knowledge - but I want to buy the righ one.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
If those are your two choices then you actually only have one option:🌟🌟 DS218+🌟🌟

The DS418 doesn't support the Docker package, neither officially nor via manual installation. You would need the DS418play which supports the manual installation (though officially it isn't supported ... i.e. not listed in Package Center).

The DS418play and DS218+ have the same Intel CPU, and the Docker package needs an Intel CPU. Others on here have manually installed Docker on the DS418play.

That's very repetitive but the point is: don't get the DS418 if you want to use Docker.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.