DS720+ Noise write with virtual machine

Currently reading
DS720+ Noise write with virtual machine

NAS
DS720+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Hi guys,

I've a Synology DS720+ with RAM upgrade (10Gb) and 2 WD disk (2x4Tb).
When I power on a Virual Machine from my Virtual Machine Manager the system produce a very loud noise. This is the typical noise of the HDD when you write data into it.
How can I reduce this noise? There is the possibility to install 2 little SSD, create a disk pool for this SSD partition and move the virtual machine into the SSD pool?
Many thanks for your help!

Bye

Last edited:
I mean to use the SSD NVme cache (at the bottom of the NAS) to reduce the noise (1), or to create a second disk pool (2), but without remove the 2 hdd.
But I don't know if the (2) is possible...

I mean to use the SSD NVme cache (at the bottom of the NAS) to reduce the noise (1), or to create a second disk pool (2), but without remove the 2 hdd.
But I don't know if the (2) is possible...

Not sure what you are trying to gain with 2. You end up with a second disk tool with 0 disks, because both your HDD's are already in a pool (assuming).

NVMe SSD's cannot be added into a disk pool afaik, only as cache.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.