DS918+ bricked

Currently reading
DS918+ bricked

Hi,

I’m new to the forums. Posting here to ask about possibilities for repairing a seemingly bricked DS918+.

I’ve removed all hard drives. RAM stick and power supply are tested known good (using a working DS918+). Blue power button light blinks endlessly and the unit never beeps.

I connected to the serial port using Putty to see if there is any console output on bootup. My serial connection is also tested good using a second working 918. What I should see after power on is the boot loader sequence. The bricked device has no output at all on the serial port.

Do I have a bad bios or boot flash chip? Is this chip removable / reprogrammable on this Synology model?

Any suggestions would be very welcome. Thanks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.