DSM 7.1 DS918+ with two bays free and running Raid1 and want to add two more drives to expand memory... is it possible?

Currently reading
DSM 7.1 DS918+ with two bays free and running Raid1 and want to add two more drives to expand memory... is it possible?

NAS
DS918+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Thanks in advance. I have a DS918+ with two 6TB drives in Raid1 configuration. I want to add two drives in the unused bays. Can I just add another pool and configure them as Raid1 also. I am thinking like they will be two completely different systems and thus be mapped as two different drive sets with a total of close to 16TB of storage..... Is it possible? Since I do not necessarily understand the terminology is what I am looking for adding a new "VOLUME"?
I am not an extremely newbie to computing but after much searching I could not find the answer. Logic tells me YES!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.