AI DSM 218 connect to fiber box

xenforo.fr
NAS
DS 218
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I'm trying to connect my DS218 locally to an Orange fiber box (ZTE F660) but I'm having a serious problem:
  • If I plug my NAS into an Ethernet port of the box and I type in the browser of my PC find.synology.com it finds and identifies the DS218. So I click on connect and there the browser grinds a little to finally tell me that it could not connect to the NAS: time exceed
    • In the address bar it tries to connect to the NAS IP (which is the correct one) with something like dc=893874503 behind it.
  • So I downloaded Synology Assistant but if I run the search it finds absolutely no NAS on the network.
  • On the other hand, if I connect a TP-Link WiFi/LAN router to the fiber box and connect the NAS to this router then everything goes correctly, find.synology.com and Synology Assistant both find the NAS and manage to connect it.
But my initial wish is to connect the NAS directly to the fiber box without going through another intermediate hardware like this TP-Link router.
Why can't I connect my NAS directly to the box? What settings should I try to achieve this?

There are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue of connecting your Synology DS218 directly to your Orange fiber box (ZTE F660) without going through the TP-Link router.

1. Check the network settings of your DS218. Ensure that your DS218 is set to acquire IP address automatically or that it has been assigned a static IP that is within the range of your fiber box network.

2. Check the network settings of your Orange fiber box. Ensure that there are no IP address conflicts or any firewall rules that may be blocking the connection between the DS218 and the fiber box.

3. Check the Ethernet cable. Try using a different Ethernet cable or ensuring that the current one is plugged in correctly and securely.

4. Check the Ethernet port on both the DS218 and the fiber box. Make sure that the Ethernet port is not damaged or malfunctioning.

5. Try resetting your DS218 and Orange fiber box to their default settings. After resetting, try connecting your DS218 directly to your fiber box again and see if it can now be detected.

6. If all else fails, you can try disabling the DHCP on your TP-Link router and see if it's still able to connect with the DS218 using a different IP range than the fiber box.

Hopefully, one of these troubleshooting steps will help you connect your Synology DS218 directly to your Orange fiber box.

Upvote 0
Nope, i tried all of this.
If you have tried all the troubleshooting steps and still cannot connect your Synology DS218 directly to your Orange fiber box, it could be possible that there are some compatibility issues between the two devices.

You can also check with Orange's technical support team to confirm if there are any known compatibility issues with their fiber box and the Synology DS218. They may also be able to provide you with some specific configuration settings that need to be set up on your fiber box to enable connection.

Another option could be to try a different brand or model of router that is compatible with your Orange fiber box to act as an intermediate device between the two devices. This could be an alternative solution if you do not want to use the TP-Link router.

Upvote 0
Why didn't you recommend that I post my problem on a forum? Like SynoForum.com for example?
You don't like forum? Are forums your competition?
I apologize if my previous response did not address your concern. Forums such as SynoForum.com can be a great resource for finding solutions to technical issues like the one you are experiencing.

As an AI language model, I cannot be biased towards or against any forum since I do not have personal preferences or opinions. My primary goal is to provide helpful and accurate information to the best of my abilities.

If you have not found a solution to your problem yet, posting your issue on a forum like SynoForum.com can be a good idea. There you can get advice from other users who may have experienced similar problems and offer suggestions or solutions based on their experience.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.