DSM 5.2 won't shutdown

Currently reading
DSM 5.2 won't shutdown

NAS
DS410
DS410. I know DSM 5 isn't the current version. I'm just hoping someone will have some suggestions.

It has always had some trouble shutting down, but normally only if the external disk has been pulled rather than ejected. But now, because of VPN problems, I'm trying to shutdown and restart every night (using the power shutdown and startup scheduling), and sometimes it just doesn't complete. Last night the log showed that 6 minutes after the shutdown sequence started, the VPN was disconnected, then the Cloud Station service and Cloud Sync, then at 7 minutes USB1 and USB2, and then ...

When I come in, in the morning, the status light is off, the network light is off, but the hard disk lights are on and the 'power' light is blinking, as it does when the DS410 is 'shutting down'. Network connectivity is lost. Pressing the power button does nothing. Pulling the power cord is required. There is nothing else in the log until it shows startup.

Is there anything I can configure to indicate what is failing to shutdown, and why?

hm.... ok, I'll do that again after I address the problem that I see ...

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.