DSM 6.1 Update

Currently reading
DSM 6.1 Update

NAS
DS215J
Operating system
  1. Windows
Hey guys

I have a DS215J NAs with OS version DSM 6.1.3-15152 Update 1 and I wanted to update to version 6.2 or 7. But when trying to update in manual mode it asks me to update Video Station first. When trying to update Video Station it says I must have a higher version of DSM. I'm confused by this lack of updates. Can anyone help me? Thank you all

Hey guys

I have a DS215J NAs with OS version DSM 6.1.3-15152 Update 1 and I wanted to update to version 6.2 or 7. But when trying to update in manual mode it asks me to update Video Station first. When trying to update Video Station it says I must have a higher version of DSM. I'm confused by this lack of updates. Can anyone help me? Thank you all
Hi I've encountered the same issue yesterday. What I did was that I uninstalled the Video Station package, just happened that I have no videos saved in my drive previously. You might need to reconsider, if you have important video files in there.

Have you tried stopping Video Station before doing the DSM update? If that works you would then have to update Video Station afterwards.

Maybe uninstalling Video Station may be the only option available to you while you proceed through the DSM updates. But before you do that I would export the video info data into .vsmeta files.

As an administrator user in Video Station open up the Settings. Then for each Library: select it and click the Export Video Info button. Now when Video Station is reinstalled and uses the same media folders it will find the .vsmeta files and import that data.
1714725543397.png

Release notes and download versions for Video Station. The DS215j uses installer files with armada375 in their name, relating to the CPU.

Release notes and download versions for DSM.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.