DSM 6.2.2-24922 UPS - Permitted Diskstations IP Opt-in list disappeared

Currently reading
DSM 6.2.2-24922 UPS - Permitted Diskstations IP Opt-in list disappeared

github.com
NAS
DS218J + APC Back-UPS BX700U-GR - Win10/RPi user
Hope i posted in the right section, if not then please do move so.

As we all know since DSM 6.2.2-24922 the option the enter permitted diskstations in "Hardware & Power -> UPS" has disappeared.
So we no longer add trusted IP's for network devices which need/can get the UPS information.
Already posted a ticket at Synology but they are (looks like it) ignoring the issue.
Had some conversation with them but somehow they don't understand me or are daft.
They hide them self saying they only support DSM compatible devices, c'mon i'm talking about a DSM device or they say i need to proof and point them to where the option was.

Before the update i had both the IP adresses of my Raspberries as permitted Diskstation inserted.
Both RPi's ran a Python script (Script Here) which checked at a interval the status of the UPS.
In case of a powerfailure they would shutdown at a certain UPS battery % and do that before the NAS initiated a save shutdown.
Since Synology removed this feature i/we can't get the UPS info any more.
Tried also NUT on both my RPi's and to be sure also tried on my Windows 10 machine to see if i could get in.
No luck so far.

How are you guys/girls handling this?
What did you do to be able to get the UPS info from your NAS?

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2019-04-02 om 17.34.03.png
    Schermafbeelding 2019-04-02 om 17.34.03.png
    96.3 KB · Views: 71
Had some conversation with them but somehow they don't understand me or are daft.
Oh dear. They must have the guy who’s responsible for the “community” thing messing up with DSM now :p
The “community syndrome” is expanding.
Sorry couldn’t resist :)

So how is it supposed to work now between DiskStations sharing one UPS?

Oh dear. They must have the guy who’s responsible for the “community” thing messing up with DSM now :p
The “community syndrome” is expanding.
Sorry couldn’t resist :)

So how is it supposed to work now between DiskStations sharing one UPS?

Can't test as i just only own one NAS.
But seems (can someone confirm) that DSM 6.2.2 NAS devices communicate without the need to permit.
So if you have a device and a DSM earlier then 6.2.2 and the master is 6.2.2 then it's also a no go.

Last edited:
Confirmed - 6.2.2 devices automatically see each other, but pre-6.2.2 devices cannot see a master running 6.2.2.

Looks like this is no longer using NUT, but something else - possibly with an mDNS/Bonjour-type auto discovery.

Confirmed - 6.2.2 devices automatically see each other, but pre-6.2.2 devices cannot see a master running 6.2.2.

Looks like this is no longer using NUT, but something else.

Thx for confirmation...
I haven't looked that deep into it but NUT still running and available in 6.2.2.
But somewhere there should be a conf to write permitted devices.
Tried the default monuser but that aint working, still getting access denied...

Thank you for updating us.

If you don’t mind me asking, is your UPS on the compatibility list for your specific DS?
Mine is not on the list for my specific DS module, however it’s working fine (6.2.1). I’m worried that this change might break it if it’s too rigid when it comes to compatibility Check/approval!

Drat, double drat and triple drat, why can’t they leave what’s working alone?!

I won’t go 6.2.2 for a long while unless I’m sure.

Update:
Finally my ticket at the technical helpcare has been transmitted to their PM team.
They now understand the issue and agree my point of view.
So had to fill in a inquiry form and told our issues again and statement.

Fingerscrossed...

@johnnygoodface

Sure,
They inserted it back in a so called re-released and repacked 6.2.2-24922.
Downside, they didn't change the buildnumber so your system won't update.
You have manually manipulate the buildnumber via ssh in /etc.defaults/VERSION and your system will update.
Never done that but I'll find out how... So you'd set it back to "6.2.1-23824"?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.