Currently reading
DSM 7.1.1 means no longer Docker?

NAS
DS416j
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
This weekend I got my old NAS up 2 date to finally start using it for more than file storage.
I was planning to get Home Assistant up and running using Docker since I heard from a lot of places about how easy it was.
Now it seems there is no Docker package that works with DSM 7.1.1 - Could it be true?

Ah. I should have declined the proposal to upgrade then. My bad.
When it had really old DSM - 4-something - it had Docker as a possibility among the packages, but maybe I had allowed for experimental settings or such.
Anyway it will keep hosting files since it seems I cannot use it for anything else.

Upvote 0
If your NAS indeed is a DS416j, then I am afraid your memory is playing a trick on you.

The cpu of the DS416j uses the ARMv7 architecture and comes by default with 512MB RAM (I have no idea whether it's upgradable or not).

There was never a Synology Docker package for the ARMv7 architecture. Actually for no architecture other than x86_64. As @Fortran wrote, Synology's '+' use x86_64 architecture cpus.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.