blackvoid DSM 7.2 - 64551 release candidate (RC) is LIVE

Currently reading
blackvoid DSM 7.2 - 64551 release candidate (RC) is LIVE

DSM 7.2 - 64551 release candidate (RC) is LIVE

After a short beta of DSM 7.2 that was released at the beginning of March, today, Synology announced the new DSM 7.2-64551 release candidate.

Continue reading...

I see you have a DS918+ running. Did you already upgrade to RC? Having the same model here and since it has some M.2 interfaces, it would be interesting if one can setup a M.2 pool on that device.

I'm using those interfaces already, but just for built-in data caching (which obviously does not really influence the performance at all ;))

I see you have a DS918+ running. Did you already upgrade to RC? Having the same model here and since it has some M.2 interfaces, it would be interesting if one can setup a M.2 pool on that device.

I'm using those interfaces already, but just for built-in data caching (which obviously does not really influence the performance at all ;))
I do have it on DSM 6 still! It will be still some time before I move those x18 models of mine to 7.2 as I have some production running on it so will have to wait a bit. Not in any rush with the update tbh.

Also, x18 will not support m2 usable pools even with SVN drives (officially ofc), those will be cache-only going forward from the info that I have.

Would love to install it but I'm afraid this is the end of the road for my old 1513+
I will have no choice other than to stick to 7.1.x until Synology stops to release fixes or introduce specific new requirements (I hope this Drive client won't require a 7.2 soon).

After that, I really wonder if I will continue on Synology. I love DSM but I don't like at all the new strategy of Synology pushing their customers to buy their own hard drive to be supported. But this is another topic !

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.