blackvoid DSM 7.2 BETA news

Currently reading
blackvoid DSM 7.2 BETA news

đź’ˇ
This article will be updated with new info on the beta as they come to light, with specifically dedicated articles for new DSM 7.2 versions and features at a later date.
DSM 7.2 BETA news

As the new year has started Synology has rolled out a few new devices, and on the heels of late last year's keynote "2023 and Beyond" we got glimpses of the upcoming DSM 7.2 features as well.

Continue reading...

Would be fun with actually some features useful for regular homeusers, not only companies.. I can't find that many...
Hyper Backup new features will be cool... but I hear you. Then again this is 7.x update not a major one, so I don't expect 2 many feature all in all. As long as its stable and secure as possible it will be fine. Not even running all my boxes on 7 atm, so.

As I, too, saw packages being dropped at V7 — didn’t affect me, but wondered how those who used them would feel. So I understand what you speak of.

My basic needs: (redundant secure storage with remote access, if needed, without giving away keys to the castle) — are being met & security fixes=longevity.

If those V7 deleted 3rd party apps are also secure, why not re-allow them?

I'll take stability and security over new features any day. But I am disappointed in their AMD direction when it comes to compute power to run applications.

Last edited:
Interesting to note that 7.2 is going with multiple Ethernet connections, instead of external hardware: USB3 to 2.5 or 5GB ethernet like QNAP did... There was some excitemeent over adapting QNAP Adaptor to Synology DSM but then went cold.... Is that because it didn't work as well as expected, or _________? Would have thought a Synology Product like that would sell like hotcakes, especially so if it could have worked on SRM as well as DSM.... ?? I realize SRM would be a stretch, but......... ???

See the DSM release notes...
Y0gw8BH.png
Got it. Much thanks. Curiously, the one feature I really would like, SMB multichannel, shows as supported in the beta notes. So, Id assume that even if I can't update to 7.2, I can still load the SMB Multi feature, preferably when it's out of beta.

Hyper Backup new features will be cool... but I hear you. Then again this is 7.x update not a major one, so I don't expect 2 many feature all in all. As long as its stable and secure as possible it will be fine. Not even running all my boxes on 7 atm, so.
Hyperbackup features? Entire NAS backup or other features?

Can the 7.2 release notes (as they are now) be seen without registering for Beta?
When it will be published, yes the notes will be accessible

Hyperbackup features? Entire NAS backup or other features?
Yes, as it was said on the keynote HB will feature this.

Curiously, the one feature I really would like, SMB multichannel, shows as supported in the beta notes
SMB multichannel can be tested already if you update to 4.15 SMB package using the beta channel in Package Center.

Thanks, yes, I saw that. And will try it later, in a VM. If something breaks, at least I can just delete the VM, and not break my NAS.

The simple things for me as a Home user ;), just give us a proper dark mode so I don't get blinded when switching to the DSM tab
(Yes I know the workaround of using DarkReader but I have issues with that, the DSM tab locks up for some reason in Chrome, but I want a native support not the botched dark mode they created)

The simple things for me as a Home user ;), just give us a proper dark mode so I don't get blinded when switching to the DSM tab
(Yes I know the workaround of using DarkReader but I have issues with that, the DSM tab locks up for some reason in Chrome, but I want a native support not the botched dark mode they created)
You could try turning your brightness down on your monitor ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.